Monday, June 27, 2011

Get Moving

My great friend, Katie Walker over at walkersingrace.blogspot.com, gave me an idea for a blog. Thanks, Katie!

I have received lots of great compliments but mostly questions on my weight loss.

"What are you doing?"

"You look great... tell me what to do."

"You don't need to loose anymore weight..."

"Are you eating?"

Well... here it is. Cat is out of the bag.

Zach and I have been working with a Nationally known diet coach. The one and only Shelby Starnes.

Before I go any further on this blog, I would like to throw a challenge out there. Wherever you are... recliner, desk chair, or bed...

get to the edge... put those feet on the floor... sit up tall and straight... and move those feet. Like you are marching in place. I don't care if you are still sitting... Just get moving.

So, back to Shelby... Zach has been wanting to hire Shelby since the fall of 2010. Well back in March, Zach finally just did it. There was never going to be a good time. Something is ALWAYS going to come up and try to interfere with your diet and exercise regimen. YOU just got to do it.

Well, Zach and Shelby work through email only. Shelby is out of Detroit. Weekly, Zach would ask me to take his pictures. He has to send a weekly update and Shelby would respond with a new weekly diet and what type of cardio plan.

After seeing Zach's awesome results... I decided to jump on the same train and get Shelby to help me. I started with Shelby back in May. It has really opened my eyes about how big of a snacker I am and how bad I just want to reach in for you more handful of this or that. Zach and I got rid of whatever junk or processed foods we had in our fridge or cabinets.

We eat a very strict diet of protein, healthy carbs and healthy fats.

5-6 small meals a day.(All weighed out)

Do anywhere from 30-60 mins of AM cardio. Yes... that means that we have to get up even early for our ALREADY early schedules. 230am for me and 315am for Zach.

Strentgh train 4 days a week.

Spend most of Saturday or Sunday prepping our food for the next week.

And last but not least go to bed as early as possible.

Zach is down 50lbs and I am down 14lbs.

I am not going to lie... this is probably the hardest thing I have ever done. But to be a weight that I haven't been since Jr High makes it all worth it. I will continue to blog about this and keep you updated on our progress.

Challenge yourself today to get up and move. Try 5 mins each hour. Get up and walk around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment