Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Family Weekend!

I am SOOOO blessed to have an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING family! I know have already written a blog on my family but they are so worth another one! Thankfully my sister only lives 7 miles away from me. Unfortunately, my parents live about 2 hours away. But, thankfully its only 2 hours compared to 7 hours and they are able to make very frequent trips to visit us.

This past weekend we decided to take Brooklee and Kale(Brooklee's 2 month older cousin) to the zoo for their very first time. Yes, they may be a little young to remember anything but thats why we take pics, right? I also think deep down inside that all of us grown ups just really wanted to go to the zoo. I don't really remember the last time I went to the zoo its been so long. A lot of people doesn't even realize that Jackson, Ms has a zoo.

We went right at lunch time and decided to pack a picnic(picnic basket and all) and enjoy the beautiful weather before we entered the zoo. Britt smoked a boston butt and made potato salad, Em made cookies and brownies and I made cookies as well. After a nice picnic we walked the zoo for about 3 hours. It was such a beautiful day-not to hot!

Me and Em on the carousel. Brooklee was too worn out! She was sleeping so hard.

Brooklee and Kale-man at the picnic. They are so cute together.
Mom and Shorty with Brooklee. To Brooklee this is Pappy and Nana-Darlin.
Me and my wonderful husband!
Pappy aka Shorty loves his Brooklee.
She was sooo happy. Every time you looked at her she would just smile!
Sweet little family. Brooklee, Em, and Britt.
Love me some Brooklee!
One of the only good pic of an animal. Most of the animals were either sleeping or hiding in the shade.
I love family weekends. It doesn't matter what we do, just spending the time with them is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment