Friday, February 11, 2011

6 Months Post Surgery!

Has it really been 6 months since my knee surgery?!?!?!?

Well not quite, but close enough! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I'm just a week and a few days shy of a complete 6 months!

I had what I thought was my last visit with Dr. Shelton on Wednesday. I was a little nervous about this appointment. I knew this would be the visit where he would release to my normal activity or not. Well... Doc said I looked great! He was very impressed and even had to show me off to one of his sells rep!

My knee likes to do a lot of popping and catching which freaks me out. I asked him about all of this and he looked at me and said something along these lines... Anyone with two major surgeries on the same knee will experience some popping and catching. That made me feel a lot better.

At my 3 month check-up he said that I could start jogging. At that time I thought he was crazy. It is amazing how each day I can tell that I am getting stronger and more comfortable with this knee. I have gotten my mile back to 10 mins. Hoping to continue to improve this even more.

I have also been dying to teach more classes at work. I started adding a little here and there at work to ease my way back in. I can't wait for next week when I can get on my normal schedule!

Doc still wants me to come back in 6 more months for 1 final check-up. I couldn't believe he was talking about my 1 year check-up. Time goes by WAY to quick. It takes up to a year for a FULL recovery.... and I can't wait for this! I can tell I'm stronger but I am ready for "normal" again!

Thanks again for all the wonderful support I have had through all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment