Tuesday, December 4, 2012

13 weeks!

Hello 2nd Trimester!!!
I am so thankful and most say that I am very blessed to have made it through the 1st trimester without getting sick! Not one time!! 

I must say that my 1st trimester was pretty easy. I only pray that the next 28 weeks are just as easy. 

The only negative thing about that I have experienced was a loss of appetite and not being able to eat left overs. If you have read any of my previous post you know that Zach and I are real big on food prep and we make all are meals on Sunday, therefore we do not have to do any cooking during the week. For the last 8 weeks this has changed for me! I have also had an aversion to all the wonderful veggies I use to eat... kale, bell peppers, broccoli, brussels sprouts... you name it I have had trouble eating it! For work I have had to bring protein shakes with fruit and nuts and for a couple of weeks I would walk over to the cafeteria to make a salad. Thankfully, I am getting a little better. 

Last Monday, the weather was very dreary and, from the inside, it look very cold outside. Towards the end of my work day all I could think about was vegetable soup. I was excited because I was actually wanting vegetables again! I left work, headed to the grocery and came home and made this...
How delicious does that look! 

It was so easy to make and I seriously threw some ingredients in a pot and ta-da! Vegetable beef soup! 

Here is was is in it...
Ground beef
chopped onion
cauliflower
green beans (I used can green beans)
green cabbage
kale
can of chopped tomatoes
beef broth
garlic seasoning
Zach's homemade chili powder

After the meat and onions are doing cooking throw everything else in the pot and let simmer for 20-30 minutes! 

It was so good AND I was able to eat it left over, I made me another pot for this week. Perfect for dreary, rainy days!

So, back to the pregnancy...

This is what is going on...

*13 weeks
*baby Rounsaville is the size of a peach
*teaching 4 spin classes a week
*teaching 2 body sculpt classes a week 
(I am just using my classes as my workouts and taking off on the real heavy lifting I was doing)
*teaching 4 ab classes a week
*very tired
(I hear this gets better in the 2nd trimester... I sure hope so!)
*craving potatoes, waffles, and fruit
(I don't know if I am actually craving anything yet, these are things that just sound good to me.)

Zach and I already have names picked out and we are very excited to find out what we are having in 5 more weeks! Happy New Year to us!


1 comment: