Tuesday, December 18, 2012

15 weeks & Some!

So, yesterday I officially became 15 weeks into my pregnancy! Time is really going fast and I can't believe in 3 more weeks from today we will know the gender. I really need to start blogging more about this journey. It is quit amazing how things change.... did you know your feet could grow!?!?!?! 
I am so incredibly blessed that I have not been sick one time! So thankful for this!!!!

Well Christmas is a week away. Where did the time go??? 

We had our Christmas party at work today. There was more sweets than savory but hey its the holidays, right?

I have an ABSOLUTELY delicious recipe that I would like to share with you. 

ALMOND O' JOYS
Yes, my friends, these are homemade Almond Joys!
 These are so much better than the real thing and full of clean/natural ingredients. 

Recipe:
(Straight out of my wonderful Paleo Indulgences cookbook)

Bars:
2 Cups unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup of raw honey
1/2 cup almond flour (you can get this from Kroger)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
pinch of sea salt
60 or so whole roasted almonds

Topping:
2 oz dark chocolate
1 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
(I forgot to get this so I just used another oz of dark chocolate)
1 tsp of coconut oil

Mix all bar ingredients (except almonds) together. Place in a 8x8 dish that has been sprayed or oiled. I used coconut oil. Place 2 almonds in 6 rows of 5. Place in freezer for 15 minutes. Take out and cut into squares. Place on sheet pan and then put pack in freezer for another hour. (I made this part a day before and left them in the freezer until yesterday when I was ready to cover with chocolate. They do not freeze solid.)
Melt topping ingredients and drizzle on top of your little squares and place in fridge or freezer until chocolate sets. 

That's it. Easy, delicious and so so so tasty!

Try them out and let me know what you think!

So, back to the pregnancy...

This is what is going on...

*15 weeks
*baby Rounsaville is the size of an orange
(My favorite fruit!)
*teaching 4 spin classes a week
*teaching 2 body sculpt classes a week 
*teaching 4 ab classes a week
*energy is slowly coming back 
*craving potatoes, potato chips, chocolate caramels and almond o' joys :)
*sleep is hit or miss
(most nights its pretty great but there are some nights where I wake up and then will lay there for a couple of hours before falling back to sleep.)
*still can only eat my delicious vegetable beef soup (recipe is in previous post) reheated, everything else has to be cooked fresh
*3 more weeks until we know if Baby R is a boy or girl!

Zach and I (and a lot of help from my sis) have been planning our revealing party for our families. It's going to be super cute and can't wait to share it with you!

Hope you all have a wonderful week and holidays! 

Merry Early Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment