Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eric and Katie's Wedding

Katie and Eric tied the knot this weekend and it was just beautiful. I knew absolutely no one but the bride. Katie and I meet at work. She was our intern from January-May and then went on payroll as our part-time go to girl. We were the ones that had to drive to work at 430am, in the icy weather, just to be at work so we could tell everyone we were closed due to the water issue in Jackson. We also have a deep love for cupcakes!!! Who doesn't??? We also like to Facebook stalk each other.

On to the wedding... A couple of months ago I got a Facebook message from Katie saying she had left me a surprise on my desk. I was so anxious to find out what it was. I get to work and I didn't see anything actually on my desk. I looked to Luis' desk and I notice he had a save-the-date postcard from Katie. I immediately look back to my desk.... There it was. Taped to my desk!!! I was so excited. Well yesterday, the very anticipated day finally arrived.

I love weddings and especially love weddings that are personalized to the bride and groom. They used fall colors: navy, orange, gold, and brown. Katie and Eric have been on LOTS of mission trips ALL.OVER.THE.WORLD!!! I'm talking about to East Asia, Greece, Malaysia and the list just continues. At the reception there were pictures of all their travels. There were Chinese lanterns, bamboo, fortune cookies and so much more. The food was delicious. Everything from spinach dip, chicken strips, sausage balls, fruit, pinwheels, and LOTS more. Katie had a gorgeous 3 layer strawberry cake with red velvet cupcakes. Eric didn't want the typical grooms cake he wanted pound cake. There were 3 different types of pound cake.

Here are a few pictures of last night.


Me and the Beautiful bride, Katie!

Right before they announced The Mr. and Mrs. Eric Walker.

Eric and Katie about to cut the cake!!!

Eric's pound cakes!

Me and Zach enjoying the reception.


Katie and Eric are now in Breckenridge, Colorado enjoying some cold weather and snow. CONGRATULATIONS KATIE AND ERIC!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment