Sunday, November 21, 2010

We broke the rules!

I have always been against putting up your Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. Well... we broke that tradition this year. I usually put the Christmas decorations out the Friday after Thanksgiving. I like for each holiday to be celebrated and not over looked. Last night I went over to Em and Britt's and they were putting their Christmas tree up. As i was sitting there I started thinking about how crazy this week is going to be and how I will not be able to put it up on Friday. Work Monday-Wednesday, physical therapy ALL three days, traveling ALL day Thursday, work Friday... YES, Zach and I have to work Friday, travel some more and finally get home sometime Saturday. Wow... I am worn out just by writing all that. I knew that we would not be in the mood to put the Christmas decorations up when we got home. However, I do still have my fall decorations outside. I will take those down Thanksgiving and make room for my Christmas decorations.

Anyways... Zach and I have a VERY NON TRADITIONAL tree. For the past 2 years we have had a white Christmas tree with black and silver ornaments. Well, I decided it was time to either switch it all together or add something else to it. I really wanted to add hot pink but Zach was completely against it. We went to Wal-mart at 615 this morning to shop for ornaments. We finally decided to add blue to our tree. And I do believe it looks GREAT!!!! Here are a few pictures of our wonderful tree.

I love it!

We kept our black stockings. They match the tree skirt.

One of our new ornaments. Peace.

One of my favorite black ornaments.

Another new ornament. Joy.

Can't wait to decorate the outside of our house. I will post pics but it will be after Thanksgiving. Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment