Wednesday, February 22, 2012

lent...

I am not Catholic, but have always liked giving something up for lent. I thought long and hard about what I could possibly give up...


I finally decided to give up any gluten and dairy products. I have been trying to do this for quite sometime but I always have a weakness for sweets... cookies, cakes, frozen yogurt, and so on. While I really limit this items from my diet, I still eat them occasionally. Today, Zach asked me if I wanted to go eat somewhere when he got home from work. I picked Newks! Love.That.Place. Thankfully, one of my favorite items is the Ultimate Salad. I promptly asked for no croutons and cheese. I also, asked for no ham or turkey but to please add EXTRA chicken! Something about that cubed ham and turkey grosses me out a little. It was delicious and I ate about 90% of that sucker! Yum Yum Yum!!


While thinking of lent and giving up something, I thought about what is something that I could add daily for the next 40 days...

I decided that I need to do at least one productive thing each day when I get home. I have a really bad habit of coming home, showering and getting straight in the bed to watch some of our recordings from the previous night.  If I have to train, obviously, I would get that over with and then be lazy until I fall asleep. Well... welcome day one of productiveness!!! I came home and... mowed the grass (yes, I know it is February BUT I can not stand weeds and we have weeds that are on steroids! They were GIGANTIC!), swept the house, dusted, AND packed my lunch for tomorrow. Whew... I think that was productive enough today! 

Not real sure what I will do tomorrow but hopefully I will think of something. 

Are you giving up and adding something for the next 40 days???


Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment