Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2+2=5??

The last couple of training sessions have gone really well. I have been very pleased with my progress. Lots of strength gains! As a matter of fact... in 3 weeks my front loaded reverse lunges have gone up 30lbs!!

This morning I woke up before my alarm and got to work. 

Here is how it went down...

Front Loaded Reverse Lunges
95lb
3x5

Hip Thrust
Well... I was trying to be all big and bad and stuff and went straight for 225lb! Oh yeah! 
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!!
I managed to get out 3 reps. I am pretty impressed with my 3 reps but knew immediately that I needed to knock it down to get a complete 3sets of 5. I started switching the weights and put what I thought was 195lb on the bar. 
Started the hip thrust over.... first set with "195" I thought to myself...
"you are having a really bad day."
Some where, some how managed to get 2 out of the 3 sets. 
I got up to hobbled over to get some water and looked at the barbell sitting on the ground. 
I started calculating the weights in my head again. I even wrote them down to add them again. 
Can someone please send me to Math 101???
I had a whopping 215lb on that bar!!! This entire time I thought it was 195lb. All I could do was shake my head and adjust the weight so I could get my last set done. I ended up bumping it down to 185lb for that last set. This really sucked every bit of my energy out of me! 
But at the same time, I realized that I can do a little LOT more than I think I can!!!

Barbell Military Press
75lb
3x5

Band Assisted Chins
I have moved down to one mini band. (I have been using 2.) I am on a mission to do one full body weight chin. 
4x1

Back Extension
3x15

Tabata
Burpee/Push-up
KBswings
I still can't get over my error this morning but am pretty excited how much weight I lifted. 

So, if there are any math majors out there that would like to help me learn how to add again...
I sure would appreciate it!!! :)

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. ha! I have to get Ashlyn to add/subtract/ multiply for me all the time!

    ReplyDelete