Saturday, June 9, 2012

just have a ball

Zach and I always walk on Saturday mornings. I neighborhood... aka "the hood"... gets a little boring. Our hood is only is small. One time around the hood is just 1/2 mile. One loop over and over and oooovvveeerrr again. Pretty boring. 

Yesterday, on the way to work, Zach asked if I would want to walk in a 5k instead of around the hood. SURE! We got up this morning did our little workout and then got ready for the walk. We knew that rain was possible but what's a little rain going to hurt??? 

Of course, it started sprinkling as soon as we headed to the race. The race was called "Just have a Ball." It was to help fight against childhood obesity. 

Now, anyone who know me knows that I have no desire to run. I use to and I enjoyed but after 2 knee surgeries, my knee is a little too priceless!!! Thankfully, Zach doesn't like to run either. We got in the walkers spot and got ready for the horn to blow. We took off with the rest of the peeps. 

I am obviously not a fast walker. I like to stroll. Zach and I got a little competitive with the other walkers. Shhhh... don't tell them! We had people in front of us and we were determined to beat them and that's EXACTLY what we did! 

We finished in the rain in 44:40! 

I ran into a great friend, Jessica! Her husband came in second over all. 
 AND.....

Zach and I won our age group! We were pretty pumped!

 It was a great morning. We had fun and enjoyed every moment. 

The only thing I didn't like was the refreshments at the end of the race. 
Pizza, cookies and fruit. 

Okay, I can understand the fruit but HELLO!!! we are at a walk to help FIGHT childhood obesity NOT promote it! Let's get it together peeps!

Now, I think I will be lazy for the rest of this rainy afternoon. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I went to a race recently that had snow cones and pizza afterwards... craziness.

    ReplyDelete