Monday, May 24, 2010

Challenges,,,

Zach and I have really been working hard on getting this post-wedding weight off. We worked really hard before the wedding to get to a certain weight......

Then came the honeymoon...then thanksgiving...then Christmas... and then just not really watching what we ate. We both love to work out so that isn't the problem... its the eating!!!! We know what we should eat but those other foods are just sooo dang tempting!!!

For the past two weeks we have eaten right allowing us to have one cheat meal on Saturdays. Except for this past Saturday we had to bump it up to Friday for Gigi's Cupcakes(see previous post) grand opening!!!!

So far I have lost 8 pounds(all my post wedding weight) and Zach has lost 12 pounds. The funny thing is, I feel like I eat ALL the time! Zach, the wonderful husband he is, portions out all of our meals for a few days at a time. I eat every 3.5-4 hours... Zach's is a little different, but the main thing to do is eat. Skipping meals slows down your metabolism.

Even though it would be nice to be able to loose weight without all that hard work... It just doesn't happen. So, we have both set challenges for ourselves:

Since I teach anywhere between 8-10 classes(water aerobics, body sculpt, cardio classes) a week, I decided to set a goal of something that I don't get to do in my classes. My challenge is to get my running back up. For anyone that doesn't know I have an 80 year old knee on a 25 year old body. Thanks to tearing my ACL back in high school, I have had problems with it daily. My challenge to myself is to get up to 10-15 miles a week. I know... that doesn't seem like a lot but with my knee that is what I am going to work on for now and if I do more than I will give myself a big ole pat on the back!!! So, far this week I have ran 5!!!!

Zach does weight lifting daily so he decided wanted to add more cardio in the mix. Zach's challenge is to do 11 hours of cardio a week!!! He started off with two hours a week, then 3, then 4, then 5 hours and has worked is way up to 6 hours.

I will keep you updated on our goals. Once we have reached our challenges we will set new ones and try to keep pushing ourselves harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment