Saturday, September 24, 2011

crust-less quiche/casserole

I have been following Jen Keck's blog for quiet sometime now. She loves fitness and nutrition. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to Zach that I would love to work with Jen.

So that's just what I did. I emailed her and after a couple of days of emailing back and forth we finally got everything that we needed to get started. She sent me a very detailed diet. She noticed in my current diet that I wasn't getting anywhere close to the amount of vegetables I needed.

Well... I am now!!!

I didn't think it would be that bad and I was right. The first day I started, I had to literally shove the veggies down my throat to get them all in. Now, I am getting all creative. I made a homemade salsa the other day and it turned out pretty good for my first try.

Yesterday, I decided to try and do some type of breakfast quiche, casserole.
I was surprised to how it turned out. I wanted to share my recipe.

Ingredients:
20oz of egg whites
8 omega 3 eggs
thawed frozen spinach
sauteed mushrooms and onions

(whatever other veggies you want)
(This is enough for 4 days worth of breakfast.)
Beat the egg whites and eggs and pour into a 9x13 pan that was sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Load it with the veggies of your choice.
Bake at 350 degrees.
This took about 35mins.
After is cools, cut into 4 equal squares.
Put each square in an individual container.
I have to be honest here... Cooked spinach is one of my least favorite things but this was pretty darn good!
Each morning I will be able to pull out one container and breakfast is just a few minutes away.

This is my breakfast this morning!
Macros:
Calories: 280g
Fat:8g
Carbs:11g
Protein:29g

Pretty good for the amount of food you get! Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment