Sunday, September 25, 2011

hungry girl

Zach and I love to watch the Food Network channel. We have our favorites and our not so favorite cooks to watch. One of our favorites is Hungry Girl. She has so many great recipes. She is known for taking the not so healthy foods and finding ways to make them healthy.

This morning while getting ready for church we had our t.v. on Food Network. We watched a little Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray and some Hungry Girl. I had to stop getting ready twice to see what Hungry Girl was coming up with. I got inspired!!

After church, Zach and I let Kroger rob us a little more and picked up a few items so I could try out a few of her recipes. I changed a few things to fit within my daily nutrition guidelines. If you want the full recipes (she added cheese and a sauce) check her out on foodnetwork.com.

I get 5 small meals a day and here is what I got to enjoy for my 4th meal. Oh and don't forget, Jen says to eat your veggies!!!!

Menu:
Spinach, Quacamole,Bell Pepper and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
Squash, Zucchini, Carrot Stuffed Portabelo Mushrooms
Sauteed Onions, Mushroom and Fresh Green Beans


Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
Chop zucchini, squash and carrots and load up your portabelo mushroom cap.
Place loaded mushroom on aluminum foil that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Cover the mushrooms with another piece of aluminum foil and fold ends together making a steam pouch.
Cook for 25 mins.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
I had to cut my boneless skinless chicken breast into because they were gigantic.
Pound chicken breast.
I filled it with 2tbsp of Wholly Quacamole (spicy), sauteed bell peppers, thawed frozen spinach, and more portabelo mushrooms.
Wrap it up and hold together with toothpicks.
Cook covered with aluminum foil for 20 mins and uncovered for the last 15 mins (total of 35mins).
I took fresh green beans and sauteed them with mushrooms and onions. Remember, no butter or oil just non-stick cooking spray. It does just as good.

I took a quick picture before I destroyed it!
YUMMY!!!!

Macros:(estimate)
Calories: 270g
Fat: 8g
Carbs: 24g
Protein: 33g

Hope that some of you will try this too. Hungry Girl added cheese instead of the quacamole and cheese in her mushrooms caps. I think it is delicious this way!

I hope you all have had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment