Sunday, September 25, 2011

friday's training

Friday, I was off work and had big plans for the day! So, I got up at my normal time of 3am. Cleaned the house and got ready to head to the gym. Yep, I was at the gym at 5am on my day off! I have learned that I am just an early person when it comes to training. I like to get it out of the way.

I started off with 30 long minutes of kettlebell exercises. If you have never worked with these, pick one up! It will kick your butt. 30 minutes.Non.Stop. After my friend left at 530am, I needed to stay and do my main lifts for the week. I didn't know how I would be able to lift heavy weights after killing myself with those darn kettlebells.

Well... I just did! Didn't think twice about it. I pushed through it and felt great afterwards!

I started off with deadlift.

135lbs 5 sets of 5!!!

I felt great!

Moved on to Standing Military Press.

45lbs 5 sets of 5

Assistance work was next...

Kettlebell Goblet Squats with 35lbs

Lat Pull Downs with 40lbs

I did these two exercises back to back for 3 sets of 10.

I was spent! I had to get out of there before I wasn't able to move anymore!

I proceeded with my BIG plans for the day.... Playing with Brooklee!!! She sure kept me busy! I was definitely ready for a nap when she went down for hers.

I am still feeling the soreness of Friday's training... and I LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment