Monday, December 19, 2011

Deads, Deads and MORE DEADS!

Today was deadlift day! Zach switched up his routine a little so I thought I would give it a try. With this new routine you work your way to 80% of your one rep max, do AMRAP(as many reps as possible) then bump the weight back down and do 5x10. So, today I did a total of 12 sets of deadlifts (warm-up and all).

I worked my way up to 165lbs. I was determined to get 10 reps but was struggling a little and only got 8... BOO!!! I hit my stop watch, rested for a few minutes, belted back up and got ready.... 10!!!! The second time I tried the 165lb, I did it a little more explosive than resting after each rep. It felt great and I was ready for the rest of my workout!

Here is what I did:
Deadlift:
45x5
95x3
115x3
135x3
155x3
165x8
165x10!!! =)
95x5x10

Hanging Knee Ups/Back Extensions/Seated Calf Raises
5x10

KB Swings  
35lb
10 on the minute- 5 minutes total.
Was going for 10 mins but Zach got done earlier than I thought he would so I only had time for 5 minutes.

Disclaimer- Sorry for the end of the video. I was walking to the seated calf raise and someone was on it. My filmer was walking behind me and got a close up of my caboose.
 Finished off with stretching and then came home and ate a delicious plate of organic spring mix, multi-colored bell peppers, mushrooms, egg whites and cinnamon oats! Delicious!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment