Tuesday, December 20, 2011

power training ropes

A while back all the co-workers and I made a "wishlist" for new equipment and other training things we would like to have available. One thing on our list were Power Training Ropes. I have never used them before but have seen them on The Biggest Loser and other fitness shows. Well, along with all of our new equipment we got last week we also received the ropes! I noticed them first thing this morning and was very anxious to use them. I let several of my clients test them out before I did ;). I was planning on lifting at home this afternoon but had a free hour so I went ahead and trained at work so I could "play" with the ropes.

Training today went great! I did the same format that I did with my deadlifts yesterday.

 Today was bench day. 
Bench: 
45x5
55x3
65x3
85x3
95x3
In between each set I did Pulldowns
60x5x10

More Bench:
75x5x10
Superset with rows
60x5x10

And, now on the the ROPES!
This is my first attempt. Went for 30 seconds. You can definitely tell were I start struggling!
I rested for 45 seconds and then did another set for 30 seconds.

3rd attempt. 3x20 seconds.

4th attempt. 10 seconds on/10seconds off x 4
( the video has not uploaded yet. But the only thing you are missing is me breathing heavy, thinking I am about to die!)

These suckers are awesome. I would love some for the house but they sure don't come cheap. If you are interested in playing around with them, give me a call and we can set up a training session.

Squats are today... I am aiming for 155lb! I will let you know how it goes!
Happy Hump Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment