Monday, September 6, 2010

2 WEEKS POST SURGERY!

So.... today marks 2 weeks since my knee surgery. Things are starting to get easier; I still have to have lots of help... mainly because its hard to get things when you have a annoying crutch in both hands.

Physical therapy is coming along...I have been really dedicated to it. I went back to work for a few days but learned the hard way that I was not ready AT ALL!!!! But after talking to the doctor, I am now off work until Sept. 15th. It may sound nice but all I do all day is lay on the couch or bed with my leg elevated and watch a bunch of t.v..

A few things I really am working real hard on during P.T. is bending my knee. The farthest I have gotten it is 96 degrees. I did that the week of surgery and then after working a few days my knee was sooo swollen I could only get it to 75 degrees... VERY FRUSTRATING! I am doing much better, now! Thanks to "homework" for P.T. and Zach pushing me, I feel that I am slowly but surely making some progress.

Going to P.T. three times a week is the most social interaction I get but just like my first surgery 10 years ago, I still enjoy P.T. You might think I am crazy but there is just something about the satisfaction of seeing progress (even though it is sooo painful!).

I have my 3 week check up next week and I am trying my hardest to blow the doc away with my progress. The hard work will pay off!!!!! I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment