Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 weeks post-surgery!

Monday was the actual day for my 3 week mark but today I went to the doctor for my 3 week check up. He seemed very impressed. He let me get rid of the gosh-awful TED hose!!! Best words I have heard since they started making me wear those darn things. If you don't know what they are: a one-legged stocking that is extremely tight and very uncomfortable and makes your leg VERY-VERY dry! Anyways... my incisions are looking good and he did all the normal movements with my leg to check the ACL and he said its looking perfect! Music to my hears!!!I also got to get rid of one crutch... its taking me a little while to get use to this. I am still off of work for the next 3 weeks... which I have mixed emotions about. Who doesn't like to be off work?!?! But at the same time it means.... BOREDOM!!!! I want to do whats best for me and my recovery.

Physical Therapy is coming along pretty good. Seeings how I have had ACL surgery before I keep comparing everything to it. Which I have to keep reminding myself that it was completely different this time. My incisions are different and my knee was all around worse than last time. I have bent my knee over 100 degrees the last couple of visits. My goal is to get it to bend to 120 degrees. I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment