Monday, October 3, 2011

training/vacation prep

IT'S VACATION WEEK!!!

WHOO-HOO!!!!

I can't believe it is finally here. Another trip to the great Smokey Mountains! My vacation starts tomorrow at 1130am! I'm packed (for the most part) and READY to go! Since, we will not be working out while we are away I went ahead and crammed my training in back to back. I usually spread them out with a couple of days but I just had to push through and get them done.

Yesterday, I woke up super early... What's new?!?!? I immediately got up and started cleaning, doing laundry and all those other not-so-fun chores that has to be done. Zach woke up shortly after me and immediately got to work too. I have this thing about having to make sure that everything is clean and done before a vacation... Thanks, MOM!!! I love coming back to a house that is clean and nothing has to be done but unload all of the luggage.

After a hour or two of cleaning, Zach and I started cooking. We did this back in June when we went to the mountains and it worked out fine so, for about 5 hours or so we cooked, weighed out portions, bagged it up and stuck in the freezer. Yes, we will take our on food with us. It's a lot of work in the beginning but at least we won't have to worry with any cooking on the trip.

During all of this, I started thinking about my training sessions. I definitely didn't want to miss one so I took a break from all the prep work and hit the Z&M Powerhouse Gym a.k.a. our garage. I have really been pushing hard on all my heavy lifts. Over the last 3 weeks all my lifts have gone up 2o pounds!!! Pretty pumped about this!

I did my second training today on my lunch break.

So, here is what I did....

Sunday Training:

Bench Press/ Military Press

Bench Press
75lbs 1x5 (warm-up)
95lbs 5x5

Military Press
45lbs 1x5 (warm-up)
55lbs 5x5

Dbell Bench
25lbs 3x10

Band Fly
3x10

Lateral Raises/Frontal Raises
5lb 3x10 (each)

Monday Training:

Deadlift/Squat

Deadlift
115lbs 1x5(warm-up)
155lbs 5x5

Squats
95lbs 1x5
105lbs 5x5

Incline Leg Press
90lbs 3x10

Barbell Bent Over Rows
45lbs 3x10

Pretty proud of myself! Now I can go on vacation and relax... or at least I hope! Can not wait until tomorrow at 1130am! SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment