Saturday, January 21, 2012

deads and omelets

Happy Saturday!!! I sure hope that you have been a lot more productive than Zach and I have been!! We started out very productive and now we are currently being extremely lazy. Hey, why not?? It's yucky out and we have already done everything we needed to!

We headed to the gym for a bright and early training session. We had to take the trip because we do not have enough weight for Zach to do deadlifts at home. 

I had a fantastic training session. Felt great and strong. Here are a few things I did...

Deadlift
165lbx5x5

Squats
45lbx1x20

Band Assisted Chins
3x3

Front loaded KB walking lunges
3x8/side
35lb

Cable Pull Throughs
80lbx3x8

Swiss Ball Ab Pikes
3x6


I received lots of gift cards for Christmas. I must say that I have absolutely enjoyed every single one of them. They really have allowed Zach and I to enjoy places that wouldn't even cross our minds. We have even found a few new favorite places. One of the gift cards I received was to Another Broken Egg. During my workout, I thought it would be great to drive up there to try it out. This what I got...

Garden delight omelet (filled with fresh spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes), side of plain oats with fresh blueberries. Absolutely delicious!! I ate every single bite!  

Since we were pretty nasty and sweaty from the gym, we decided to sit on the patio. It was about 69 degrees when we got there. Needless to say I was scarfing this food down because of a huge black cloud pushing quickly over us and made the weather drop 10 degrees. It was so cold. Thankfully, I had packed a light hoodie. 

After I ate, we headed to Quick Quakes to pick up Zach a protein smoothie. It was storming! Raining so hard. We decided to go ahead and head to K-Roger and get our grocery trip out of the way. After our quick trip there, we came straight home, unpacked, showered, and have been as lazy as we possibly can! Sounds like a pretty good afternoon to me!! 

Happy Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment