Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good Bye 2011

It is official. 2011 is gone and it's tme to move on to 2012. I can't believe another year is gone. It seems like time goes by faster and faster each year. 2011 was definitely a great year. I can not wait to see what 2012 brings our way.

Last week, my nutrition coach wrote on her blog about getting rid of the old. Read it Clear the clutter-making way for 2012. Jen's blogs are always so informative and really motivating. Well, in this blog post, she writes about going through and getting rid of all the unecessory belongings and starting the new year off fresh.

This really got me thinking about all the stuff we have crammed in the closets that  NEVER.GET.TOUCHED. I started Thursday afternoon with my closet. I got after it. Didn't think twice about getting rid of it. I wanted it out of here.
Here is the before of my closet...
 

After about 2 hours and 3 LARGE garabage bags later this is my new closet!

Oh, yeah! I got rid of that much!!! I had several pieces that still had tags on them, some pieces that were too big or too small, and things that I wore when we went out in college. Why in the world was I holding on to them?? I have no clue! I even went through my jewelry, shoes, and purses. It feels so good walking into my closet now.

I didn't stop with my closet. Yesterday, bright and early, I headed to the hall closet, guest bedroom closet, computer room closet and got rid of any and everything! We ended up with my car loaded to full capacity and headed to the Gateway Rescue Mission to donate everything. My car was so packed that Zach was in the passenger side with the seat all the way to the dashboard and sitting straight up. He kept saying he felt like he was in a smart car. He looked like it too! =)

I think this might be a tradition each year. If there is something that hasn't been touched within 3-6 months, it has to go. Our next step is to go through the kitchen and get rid of some kitchen gadgets that we don't use.



No comments:

Post a Comment