Sunday, January 8, 2012

TGU (1-8-12)

I stalk a group of girls that are apart of Girls Gone Strong. These girls are amazing. The really show how important it is to strength train. Each girl has her different expertise. My nutrition coach Jen Keck, is apart of this group. I have secretly stalked this girls... asking them to friend me on FB, follow their blogs and websites and on youtube. I have learned so much from them.

Saturday at work, I had a few regular members trying new exercises out. They asked me how to do a Turkish Get Up (TGU). I have seen this done several times but have never really tried it. Neghar Fonooni (GGS) is awesome at TGUs. I came home from work and studied her video. This chick is super strong. She was doing a TGU with a 35kg KB. In pounds that equals to 70.4lb!!!

This might sound a little crazy but I dreamed about the TGU. I woke up at 415am on Sunday, ready to get my workout on. I quietly left the room so Zach could get a few extra zzzz's. Headed out to the garage and started my workout. Here is my workout for the day...

Upper Body
1-8-12

MP 65lb/Assisted Band Pull Ups
3x6

KB Curl/Press
10lb
3x8 per side

EZ Bar Curl/Press/Tricep Extension
25lb
3x10

Rear/Side/Front Raises
2.5lb
3x15

After I got done with all of that, I was ready for the TGUs! I watched Neghar's video one more time. I had to put her video on here. She makes it look so easy with that 70lb KB.
(Just AMAZING)

Here is my very first TGU.
 I thought I did pretty well. I still need to practice and get everything down. I did 5 per side with 15lb KB. I tried with a 35lb KB but couldn't even get that sucker over my head. This was definitely a workout and I really enjoyed doing them.

After I got done with my workout, I headed in to eat this...
5oz of egg whites
1 Organic egg
Scrambled together with peppers and mushrooms on a bed of organic spring mix salad. I also had some very delicious oats, too!

I am so excited to receive my new workout program from Jen. I can't wait to see what she has me doing. I should get it either to tomorrow or Thursday.

Until then... I think I will let my body rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment