Monday, May 6, 2013

babymoon

Zach and I went on a little trip last weekend to the MS Coast. I kept calling this trip our "Babymoon." Zach totally thought I made this word up. I had to confirm that I didn't by good ole Google.

Babymoon- a vacation you take with your spouse before your bundle of joy arrives.

So there, I did not make the word up! 

We headed to Biloxi on Thursday after we got off work. The weather was beautiful. We changed clothes and headed to supper. 
Then we were very lame and went to bed! Oh the life we live!

We got up on Friday morning and headed down to the condo gym got our workout on and went back to the condo for some grub. We have always gone to the Beau Rivage for breakfast but we decided to switch it up and cook our on breakfast and eat on the balcony. Way better food (don't get me wrong the Beau is DE-LISH-OUS but there is just something about making your own food) and way better view! 
Eggs, bacon, fruit and lots of H2O!!!

After breakfast we drove to Pass Christian so Zach could get some shooting in. 
I was sitting behind him for the first two shots but Knox jumped so bad after the second one I had to go wait in the waiting room while Zach had all the fun. He did a good job and enjoyed every second of it!

After the shooting range, we went to Gulfport and ate lunch at The Shed. Delicious as always! With full bellies we head to the outlet mall and spent a few hours checking out all the baby stores... and Under Armour of course!
Zach found this little outfit and had to get it. So stinking cute!!

We went to Margaritaville for supper. Which, by the way, has a great gluten-free menu!

On Saturday we drove over to Louisiana and went to the Peacebaker. They are a dedicated gluten free bakery. Everything they bake is gluten free. So absolutely no cross contamination! We splurged and got several yummy treats including gluten free BEIGNETS!!! So yummy!

After the Peacebaker we drove to Folsom, Louisiana to check out the Global Wildlife Center. If you haven't head of this place, Google it!! You ride in wagons around the beautiful place feeding some gorgeous animals. 
I just love this picture I got of Zach feeding a Zebra. Too funny.

Me and Zach waiting for our tour. 
I can't remember what this animal is but if you don't hold on to your cups tight enough they steal them. 
 The Zebras were just absolutely beautiful!
 I don't know what this little animal is called (they had someone telling us during the tour but I was too busy feeding the animals and taking pics to be paying attention!) but I just love his spiral antlers. 
 Zach feeding the animals. 
 My turn!
They had giraffes, bison, camels and so much more. The giraffes were to far way and the tractor pulling the wagons we were in couldn't get close to them. BOO! 

It was a great trip and I am so thankful we were able to go. We almost talked ourselves out of driving over to Louisiana but I am glad we didn't!

5 MORE WEEKS UNTIL KNOX IS HERE!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment