Friday, September 21, 2012

indulgences

We all like a little sweet, guilty indulgence every once in a while.

Unfortunately, not everyone can partake in a brownie or delicious pancakes. 

We have been gluten and grain free and mostly dairy free for quite some time. The Paleo lifestyle really works for me and Zach and our bodies really appreciate it. What do I mean by our bodies appreciate it... my skin is clearer, I haven't had any sinus problems, my arthritis in my knee is better (yes, I'm 27 and have arthritis in my knee... thanks to 2 knee surgeries and yes, it hurts occasionally but that is from doing an exercise that irritates it and then I no longer do that exercise), digestion is much better... oh the list could go on! 

 We don't need bread, pasta, crackers, cereal, or oatmeal. We will gladly turn down cake, cookies, cupcakes, or whatever sweet of your choice. But I would be lying if I said we didn't have a craving here and there. 

There are many ways to make gluten and refined sugar free baked goods! 
I saw this cookbook on Facebook and immediately wanted it. I love trying out new recipes with natural ingredients. 

My sweet, sweet husband surprised me with it yesterday. I was THRILLED!!!

How is it possible to make cookies and other baked goods without flour or sugar?

You use natural ingredients like...

almond flour
coconut flour
pure honey
coconut nectar
unsweetened coconut flakes
nuts and seeds
fruits
72% or darker chocolate


The list could go on and on. 

I didn't say that these indulgences were low in fat but your body will appreciate the natural ingredients instead of the bleached flour, sugar and other processed baking necessities. 

I have drooled over every page in this book and I can't wait to start cooking. My co-workers might love or hate me! 

Almond o' Joys!
 Banana-Pecan Pancakes
 Decadent Brownies
 Some-More-Ahhhhhs
 Vanilla Cupcakes
This is just a small sample of what is inside this book. There are also some savory dishes that are mouth watering!

I plan on posting when I try some of these!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment