Saturday, September 22, 2012

planning, preparing, prepping

Zach and I usually spend a few hours either on Saturday and Sunday to plan, prepare, and prep our meals for the work week. We only pack what we have to take to work... we eat breakfast and supper at home. When your eating 4 small meals a day its best/easiest to have them all prepared ahead of time. This is very important if you are trying to hit certain macros and have fitness and weight loss goals. 

Today, Zach and I spent a little extra time in the kitchen prepping our meals. I am going to be away from home tonight through next Saturday. That's 6 nights! Six days worth of meal prepping. I wanted to share how it went down over the past few hours...

First I started with breakfast. What is the easiest way to cook 6 meals for breakfast (I'm not including next Saturday in any of my meals)?
 I multiplied what I eat every morning times six.

 Scrambled that many eggs, poured over a baking dish with ghee, kale and peppers.
 Baked for 30minutes at 350 degrees. 
Ta-da!
Six breakfast meals all ready! 
This picture doesn't even do it justice. It looks delicious! 
While I was slicing and dicing vegetables and cracking a lot of eggs, Zach was getting the other 3 meals for each day ready. Yes, we eat the same thing everyday. In these meals, I will have boneless/skinless chicken breast, boneless/skinless chicken thighs, and pork loin with LOTS of veggies. Zach is a great cook so the meat doesn't get dried out or boring. It's still good by day 6.
All my meals, except for my breakfast, packed and ready to go. 
This isn't for everyone and we know this but this is what works best for us and our crazy work schedules. I have some pretty big goals that I want to reach and planning, preparing, and prepping is what is going to help me get there. 

How do you get ready for the week ahead?


No comments:

Post a Comment