Sunday, March 18, 2012

4:12

 Four years of my life were consumed by a group of girls that I will always call my sisters. 

Phi Mu Fraternity.

I loved every second I was at Delta State because of these girls. I knew and still know that I can count on these girls no matter what. 

A few months ago, a sister of ours was killed in the comfort of her own home. 

I was not in Phi Mu with Amanda but my sister was. All I have heard about Amanda are awesome things. 

Last weekend, Amanda's town of New Albany, MS put together a 5k. 

There was a lot TONS of people there!! 
 Of, course, I walked the race! 
(No running for this girl! After 2 knee surgeries my knee is too precious!)

It was such a BEAUTIFUL morning!!! My toes were a little frozen for the first half of the race but finally warmed up! 

Mine and Em's cousin, Maegan, joined us for the race!
 Em and Rebecca!
 Me and one of my best friends, Chastity! 
 Phi Mu Sisters! 
(there were many more Phi Mu's there but it was so hard to find anyone because there were SOOO many people there!)
 We all released purple (her favorite color) balloons for Amanda.
Her husband and daughter released a white dove balloon. You can see it towards the bottom of the photo. 
Such a sweet moment. 
 After the race, Em and I went back to Rebecca's and did a little shopping. After that we went to the famous..
Como Steakhouse. 
All in all it was a great weekend. So thankful for my Phi Mu sisters and am so glad to have them in my life. 

 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 

No comments:

Post a Comment