Sunday, March 25, 2012

just call me "chef"

I posted in my last blog about me going to the farmer's market twice in one day. 

This morning, I woke up bright and early at 4am.
 It is a rest day for me so no training!!
 I laid there contemplating on going back to sleep but started thinking about all those veggies needing to be cooked. I got right out of bed and got straight to slicing and dicing! 

Lots O Veggies!!! 
Squash, Zucchini, onions and asparagus. 
Fresh green beans, onions, and orange bell peppers.
I always have a zip-lock bag of all colored bell peppers and onions in the fridge.
 I eat these every morning  with my eggs!
More squash and zucchini and eggplant.
First time cooking eggplant... not so bad!
Yesterday, Zach went to a different farmer's market and got these beauties...
Free range local eggs. 
After cooking all those veggies, it was time for breakfast. We went to Logan's last night and I have some left over steak. I started thinking about those fresh eggs and that steak...
Yep... Steak and some of those local eggs!!! 
Yes, this breakfast fit in completely with my nutrition plan.

Makes it that much better knowing that I was still a 100% and got to enjoy all this deliciousness!!

I don't ever cook any veggies in oil or butter. Only cooking spray. 

Zach and I were talking about what veggies I use to eat. I have come so far!! I use to immediately turn my nose up to almost all of these but now I crave them! Give them a try!!! Your taste buds change over the years... you might like them now!





No comments:

Post a Comment