Sunday, January 6, 2013

go Katie (Eric&Avery) go

My friend Katie ran her 2nd half marathon yesterday. 

The Blues Marathon to be exact. 

Katie and I found out a couple of days/weeks apart that we were both pregnant and due in June!

Baby R- June 10th!
Baby Avery- June 14th!

Still so crazy to me that we are due only 4 days apart. Our babies get to come into this world with already having a buddy. We both find out what we are having within the next week. 

When Katie told me she was pregnant and still planning on running the Blues Half Marathon, I thought she was slightly crazy. But then again this is the girl who had hip surgery on one hip and knee surgery on the opposite knee at the same time. Not only did she have both lower limbs cut open she was at our friend Corey's benefit heart walk that weekend! 

To say the least, Katie is super strong

I ran outside to snap a picture of the family of three crossing the first mile marker!
Katie in the blue and her husband Eric in the red. 
(My camera decided to act up while they were zooming by and I barely got this one picture. Sorry it isn't the best!)

Eric is such a supportive husband. He was not registered for the half or full marathon. 

He just ran it to be by Katie's side. 

If this were me and my supportive husband... first of all we wouldn't be running. We don't like running and I especially don't like running in hills... I am form the Delta after all. Zach would be supporting me through my heavy lifts or cheering me through a tough prowler push. 

Totally different couples but still super supportive husbands!!!

 Anyways... I am still taken back by Katie's strength to run 13.1 miles, 17 weeks pregnant on a very chilly morning! 

You can read all about her experience over at walkersingrace.blogspot.com.

She, also, post weekly updates of her pregnancy. It's very neat seeing how different our pregnancies are going.

Congrats Katie, Eric and Avery on finishing the 2013 Blues Half Marathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment