Friday, January 4, 2013

Sweet Potato Biscuits

Check em' out!!! 
Sweet Potato Biscuits!!!!

I got this recipe from my Paleo Indulgences cookbook. I let someone borrow the book and they brought to my attention how yummy this biscuits looked. I, naturally, gravitate to the sweets treats! I decided to give these suckers a try. They are so yummy that I want to share the recipe with you! 

Sweet Potato Thyme Biscuits
(I forgot to buy thyme so I just left it out.)

Dry Ingredients:
3/4 cup (90g) almond flour
2 TBSP coconut flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 cup (120g) cooked mashed sweet potato
2 TBSP coconut milk
2 TBSP raw honey
3 eggs
 1/4 cup (60mL) coconut oil, melted
(wait on the coconut oil)

Add in:
1 tsp chopped thyme

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together.
3. Add the wet ingredients, except coconut oil, to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
4. Add the coconut oil and thyme and stir until combined.
5. Let the batter sit 5 minutes to thicken. 
6. Use an ice cream scoop and place 6 mounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until browned and firm to the touch.
7. Place the biscuits on a cooling rack until they are cool. Store in airtight container up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months. 

I, of course, doubled the batch! I knew they were going to be delicious. :)

I highly recommend Paleo Indulgences! It has so, so many yummy recipes! 

Try them out and let me know what you think! 



No comments:

Post a Comment