Thursday, March 7, 2013

26 Weeks!

I didn't get around to decorating my board this week and before I knew it I am just a few days away from 27 weeks. So, I figured I would just skip this week and take one in a few days. Our intern, for this semester, was watching me in laughter while I was drinking this awful glucose "cola." She took this picture for me. It wasn't the worst thing I have ever had but by the end of it I was definitely gagging. 

*26 weeks
*Knox is the length of a English hothouse cucumber.
*His heart rate was in the 140's. I have a recording on my phone that I wanted to post so you could hear but can't figure out how to get it on here :(
*passed my glucose testing! YIPEE!!! 
*iron level was great. 
*my belly measured at 27 weeks. 
*taught 10 classes this week but only participated in 8. energy has been LOW! 
*energy has been MIA. 
*sleep... what is that?!?! 
*sweet potato fries and dark chocolate
*appetite is still good. I get full very quick! starting to get hungry earlier between meals. 
*Knox has still been very active. get very nervous if I don't feel him.
*next appointment is March 19th. I start going every 2 weeks now! 

I have a new recipe that I would like to share...

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! 

Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies???

I got the recipe from cookieandkate.com 

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal, firmly packed
  • 1/4 coconut flour, firmly packed
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
  • dash cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup real maple syrup (preferably grade B) or honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter (or coconut oil), maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate.
  3. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the excess moisture (or let the dough chill in the fridge for 10 minutes if you want fat cookies, like those shown here). Scoop dough, one tablespoon at a time, in mounds onto the baking sheet, leaving a couple inches around each cookie.
  4. Bake for about 11 minutes, until golden brown. (I cooked one batch for 11 mins and they were a little over done, so the second batch I cooked for 8 minutes and they were perfect! Just watch them closely!)

I have tried several gluten free chocolate chip cookies and this is the best one yet! Give it a try!

Hope you all have a great Friday tomorrow and weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment