Sunday, March 10, 2013

Amanda Price Memorial 5k/10k

Last year, I blogged about the Amanda Price Memorial 5k

Yesterday, I got to participate in it again. 

Amanda was a Phi Mu at Delta State. She had graduated by the time I got there. My sister and a bunch of other older Phi Mu's that I looked up to talked nothing but good things about Amanda. One good thing about a sisterhood, like Phi Mu, no matter what age, we are always sisters. Forever. 

I might not be active in an alumni chapter but that doesn't mean that I still don't hold a special place in my heart for this wonderful chapter. Wonderful friends/sisters were made during those 4 years of my life. 

Yesterday, they had the 2nd annual memorial walk in honor of Amanda Price. My sister and I drove up Friday night and stayed with one of her college room mates in Batesville. We got up early on Saturday and drove to Oxford to pick up another one of their roommates/suite-mates. The four of us made our way to New Albany, MS to get our walk on. 

The morning started with an opening ceremony where Amanda's husband and brother spoke. Definitely a tear-jerker moment! Amanda's family all released white dove balloons in her honor. 
It was a pretty chilly morning but I believe that Amanda was shinning down on the walk and breaking the clouds away to warm us up!

I wanted to take a pic of this sign and wasn't really paying attention to who was standing in front of it. Later I realized that it was Amanda's husband and daughter. 

Rebecca, me, Emilee and Brooke. Waiting on the walk to begin. 

The suite-mates from college. I was always in their room. 
They never seemed to mind... or at least I hope! :)

Knox did a great job at finishing the race. We were definitely not trying to win a medal or anything but just to have a good time. 
My number is covering Knox up. I was 26weeks&6days pregnant! So thankful that I am still able to do things like this!

The four of us in front of the sign. I asked a random stranger to take our picture and to please get the WHOLE sign in the pic...
He, obviously, got the memo. 

Me and my wonderful sister(by blood)! 
Sharing a wonderful bond with someone who you already have a great bond with is pretty great!

A few of the Phi Mu's after the race!
A few more Phi Mu's came up so, of course, we had to take another picture! 
Amanda's daughter is the precious little blond next to me. This wasn't all the Phi Mu's there but with a large crowd it was hard to find everyone. 

Anjanette got to be interviewed after the race. It was pretty emotional listening to her talk. Amanda was her Matron of Honor in her wedding. They were very close. 

It was a great morning! I am so glad to be apart of such a wonderful organization. 

12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Here is a news clip from the walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment