Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nursery

It's been a busy day/week for us. This is my last free weekend until the second weekend in May. I knew that we had to get in Knox's room and get to work. 

Every afternoon this week we were doing some kind of prep work so today would be somewhat on the easier side. I think his room is really coming together and I absolutely love it! 

My wonderful family are planners. Huge planners! We like to plan things way in advance. We were driving back from the coast and we were already picking our vacation for the next year. Brooklee's birthday always gets planned starting at least 6 months before. We picked boy/girl names within the first couple of weeks of our pregnancy. We picked out girl/boy bedding before we ever found out what we were having. The day after we found out, all I had to do was go online and order his bedding. I feel much better now that 90% of the work in his nursery is done! 

We were originally going to go with blue as our accent color. Well, we quickly changed our minds!
 Orange it is!

I knew I wanted his name above his crib. Zach and I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to look for letters. Zach was having a difficult time (or I just was not explaining it clearly) understanding what I was wanting. I finally found the letters and the wood to make frames and I got on the floor in Hobby Lobby to put it out. After he saw it he was on the same boat as me. We painted our kitchen orange when we moved in our house and thankfully we still had some. 
I think it turned out great! Zach put the frame together, primed it and painted it. I painted the letters. 

Thanks to Pinterest, I came up with this pegboard idea for the changing table. Zach's parents gave us this beautiful antique dresser that fits just perfect in this itty, bitty room. Since the dresser is only big enough for the changing pad, the pegboard was a perfect solution for extra storage. 
We painted it the same color as the letters and gave a boring brown pegboard some life. We searched and searched for baskets. Finally found some online that were pretty pricey but went ahead and got them since they were the only ones we had found. Well.... Home Depot has the same set of 3 baskets for 10$!!! Are you kidding me!?!?!?! Oh well!!! We have wipes and diapers in the big baskets, onesies and lotion/ointments will go in the middle baskets and I am not quite sure yet what will go in the small baskets. I'm sure we will figure it out. 

I posted this pic in my last post but here it is again. 
Our rocker!

His little closet is filling up too. We washed all his clothes. Those blue baskets were originally for the shelving unit we got but decided to change them to orange. I put them in the closet for shoes and such. 
When you look at the clothes (there are more in the dresser), it doesn't seem like there is a lot but once you get to hanging and folding them... they are never ending! It was fun though, getting to go back through everything he has gotten. 

I am so thrilled and relieved that we got all this accomplished today. 

Now, only 12 weeks and 1 day to go! 

But who's counting?!?!? 

ME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment