Saturday, March 2, 2013

CCJ Baby Shower

Zach and I were guest of honor at Knox's first baby shower yesterday. It was held at Zach's work by a few of his clients. I am not going to lie... I was very nervous! All week long I was trying to get myself ready for it. 
What would I wear?
Will they like me? 
I knew these were stupid question to be asking myself because Zach says nothing but GREAT things about everyone he trains. I, somewhat, felt like I knew most of them. I had only meet two of his clients prior to the shower. Both of which was a while ago. So, basically, I was walking into a place where I only knew his two co-workers. 

From the start, I felt comfortable. They went way out of their way to try to keep it mostly gluten-free for us and very laid back. Knox was showered with tons of amazing gifts and some very yummy food! 

When we picked Knox's bedding we were not planning on it to be an elephant theme. Well... it's just kind of happening. One of the hostesses got this super cute elephant and all the plates and napkins had elephants on them. She had no clue about the bedding when she bought these items. 
The delicious gluten-free cake is from Campbell's Bakery in Fondren. Zach was showing her our gluten-free cake from our revealing party and she immediately said to him that she was going to Campbell's for the shower cake. They did an awesome job and it was just as good as the cake we had in January. As a matter of fact, I think I have eaten my weight plus some in cake. I think I have had my fix on cake until my next shower. 

Zach and I were so impressed with all the food. They REALLY out did themselves to accommodate to our gluten-free lifestyle. 
We had baked ham (there were rolls for those who do eat bread), 2 different types of sausage balls, cauliflower hummus with veggies, spinach dip with gluten-free crackers (and wheat thins for those who wanted them), fruit and the yummy cake. It was all so delicious!  
Opening the gifts was a lot of fun. 

 We had a wonderful time and talked non-stop about how great it was the rest of the day.  
We got home and of course had to go back through all the gifts.  
Looks like Christmas morning!
(Love all the blue!)
Knox got tons of clothes(which is great!), wipe warmer, wipes, books, stroller, gift cards, towels, lovies, and lots more!

After going through all the gifts again, we realized that we left the cake! This was sort of a big deal. We don't eat cake very often and since it was a cake that we could eat, we really wanted it! Zach and I made the 20 minute drive to his co-workers house(he took it home with him to save us about 15 minutes) to pick up the cake. We probably should have left it so I would be has big as a house right now from all the left overs but hey, its okay every once in a while! :)

I still can not believe that we just had our first shower! There are not enough words to describe how thankful we are. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people placed in our lives. Working in gyms, you don't  really think about getting that close to the members, but really it is like our second family. As you can see, Zach's second family is quite amazing!

Today is the 100 day mark until Knox's arrival! 

Only 100 more days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment