Monday, March 4, 2013

Goodness in a Jar!

Zach and I had our first baby shower for Knox this past Friday. You can read all about it here. Several weeks ago when the date was set, I immediately starting thinking about hostess gifts. For a few of our wedding showers I gave the hostesses mason jars filled with ingredients to make M&M cookies. They were fun to make! I knew that I wanted to make something similar but make it gluten-free and paleo. 

I came across this recipe on MarthaStewart.com. Zach and I of course sampled it to make sure that it was worthy to give someone else. It was absolutely delicious!

I'm calling this "Goodness in a Jar!" 

Ingredients:
(You can go to MarthaStewart's website for the exact measurements.)

Toasted Walnuts
(Place them in a skillet on medium heat and toast for about 5-10 minutes. You will smell them when they are done.)
Dried Cranberries
Dried Apricots
Honey

Mix all ingredients except honey and fill a mason jar (size of your choice).
Pour honey on top. I used a butter knife to move around the nuts and dried fruit so the honey could get all the way to the bottom. 

Find fabric of your choice to add a special little touch. 


I placed them in these burlap sacks with their Thank You card.

You can either tell them or write a little "instruction" card...

Enjoy on your favorite toast, yogurt, ice cream, or whatever your heart desires!

I think they turn out super cute and believe me... it is delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment