Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hail Hath No Fury....

Monday 3 am: Zach and I get up for work.
4 am: We leave the house in separate cars (this only happens one week out of the month)
430 am-1215 pm: I work my daily shift and headed home.
5 am-1 pm- Zach works his daily shift and headed home.
1230 pm: I get home shower, play on the computer and relax.
145 pm: Zach gets home and takes the dogs for a walk.
4-430ish pm: We were being lazy watchingTthe Bible on The History Channel.
430ish: All.HAIL.BREAKS.LOOSE!!!!
 Oh you know... 
just a little hail. 

Since we have our garage pretty much set up like a gym, we just always park in the driveway. Unfortunately, our cars took a little MASSIVE beating. 

Neither one of our cars can be driven right now. Both back windshields are completely gone, front windshields are full of "spiderweb" cracks, and no telling how much water/electric damage was done. 

We couldn't go out to move at least one of them in without risking our safety. 

Do you want to be hit in the noggin' with a tennis size ball of ice?!?!

Yea, didn't think so. 

As soon as it started slowing down and the balls were getting smaller, Zach ran outside with a clothes basket as his shield to move the cars under the garage. 

Here are just a few pics...

My back windshield.
 My front windshield.
 My sunroof.
 Zach's front windshield.
 Zach's back windshield.
\
HAIL HATH NO FURY!

So thankful for a couple from our Lifegroup (aka Sunday School... I can't get used to calling it Lifegroup) class! They are letting us borrow their extra car until we get word on ours. And who knows when that will be??

Thankfully, only our roof has a little damage. All of our windows are still in tact. Look how gross our house looked afterwards. The hail was bouncing off the ground and hitting our house.  
Zach pressure washed it yesterday and now you can really tell where all the paint is chipped on the shutters. Thankfully, we still have the paint in our attic. We will just have to get out there and get to work. 

We walked Duke and Delta this afternoon and inspected the neighborhood. Not one house escaped this crazy afternoon hailstorm. 

I'm not going to lie. I was in huge panic Monday when all this was going down. I have never seen such a thing. I keep telling myself that they are just cars and can be fixed/replace. I am so thankful that we were home with our 2 furry babies and we were all safe inside. 

Hope you all were okay and only had minimum damage, if any!

1 comment:

  1. O my goodness!! I can't even believe your cars. Hope everything is back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete