Monday, August 8, 2011

abs of steel...

I was asked the other day if I had some of my ab exercises posted on my blog. So... here it is. Here are 6 of my favorite ab exercises.

I hope that you can add a few of these to your routine. You can change the sets and reps to fit your program better if needed.

Straight Leg Raises
3x12
Double Crunch with Weight
(I usually hold a 5 pound plate or kettlebell)
3x12
Plank and Side Plank
30 seconds per side
5 sets
Leg crossed crunch
3x10 per side
Elbow to knee plank
3x10 per side
Bench knee ups
3x15
I hope you will enjoy trying these out. All of these can be done on the floor so if you do not have a bench available that is okay. Please let me know if you have any questions.

HUGE DISCLAIMER: There is no such thing as spot reduction. There is NO need to do ab exercises everyday. They are a muscle group just like any other muscle and need rest. The best way to get results in the midsection is to do your cardio, clean diet, and then abs. Please do not do a million crunches thinking you will get a 6 pack. All this will do is make your abs stronger. Until you burn the layer of fat that is sitting on top don't expect the results you are after. Remember: CARDIO, DIET, STRENGTH TRAINING=RESULTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment