Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Funday!

This blog post is going to be totally random... but its been a GREAT day and I feel like sharing a bunch of different stuff with you.

1. Who say Monday's are terrible???
I had a pretty great one! Was very busy at work, came home had an awesome workout, and enjoyed a homemade sugar/ calorie free vanilla snow cone. Oh.... and spending the entire afternoon with Zach... couldn't get much better than that.

2. Pinterest.com wagon?
Yep... I have jumped on the wagon and joined pinterest.com. Not really sure if I understand the point of it but I have found some very interesting quotes, art and other odds and ends.
Here are two of the quotes that I have found.

3. Got inspired =)
Today, one of my very sweet clients asked me if she could email me some pictures. She has been a super hard worker in the gym. She started her journey about 6 months ago and wanted to share her before and now pictures. Truly amazing! She started this journey and didn't look back. I was so impressed with her pics. I realized then that it isn't always about the "now" but about how far you have come. Sometimes, I get so caught up in the moment and forget about where I started and how far I have come. I wanted to share my pictures as well.

This pic was taken at my sisters wedding in the Bahamas. This was right after I started my internship in Tunica when I was about 180-185lb range. (4 years ago)
Here is a recent pic of me. This was taken in June while we were vacationing with Zach's family. 140lbs!
I hope you can tell the difference. I am pretty proud of myself as well as my sweet client! Thanks E.F. for inspiring me today!

4. New PR (personal record)
Since Zach and I are changing up my diet, he decided to change up my workout routine as well. Now, I will only be having 2 main lift days, 3 circuit day and 4o mins of cardio a day.
Monday=Deadlift
I don't know what it is about this exercise but I really enjoy doing it. It might be because it is one of my stronger points... I don't know.... I just like it.
I set a new personal record with it today. Zach and I set a goal of 140lbs for 10 times. Well... I guess I need to go back to school because I stopped at 9. My bad!
Here is my video! Still pretty darn proud of my 9 times.

Deadlift weight:140 lbs
Repetitions: 9!
Estimated Max: 181 lbs
WHOO-HOO!

5. Ice cream.... yum yum!
For my last meal I decided to make my protein ice cream. So incredibly easy!
100% Whey Protein (Cake batter flavor)
1 cup of almond milk
Mix these 2 ingredients together and pour into your kitchen aid ice cream bowl. Let it churn until it is ice cream consistency.
Crush 1 oz of almonds and sprinkle one top....

SO GOOD!!!!

I hope you have all had a Happy Monday!

-Mems!

No comments:

Post a Comment