Sunday, August 14, 2011

freedom...

So... it is 330am and I am awake. Of course! This is nothing new or surprising. I wanted to write about how I feel right now. I hope you will continue reading....

Since Zach and I have been on our own with no diet coach, we have changed a good bit. The last three weeks and the weeks to come have definitely been a learning experience. Good and bad.

While we were with our diet coach he "owned" us. I know I have talked about this before, so I won't bore you but just give you a little refresher. We had to tell him everything we ate, everything about our cardio, and our strength gains/weaknesses. EVERYTHING. Which was completely fine. It became a habit, it became obsessive (well at least for me). One other thing he got the pleasure of "owning" was our freedom. Our freedom to enjoy a break. What I mean is.... after we submitted our weekly logs we would wait, check our phones and emails like it was Alton Brown or Bobby Flay sending us an email. We were waiting for those two words... cheat meal.

See... cheat meals or as I like to call them "refuel meals" are a necessity to strict dieting. Let me explain... After days of low carb intake your body needs a re-boost. The extra carbs will be stored energy for the following week. Plus, your mind, body and soul need the mental break.

Back to me and Zach...

Like I said earlier Zach and I have been switching things up, learning every step of the way! Zach does lots of research and is always on top of his game. So the last two weeks we have been low carb, moderate fat and high protein eating Sunday-Friday and relaxing on Saturdays.

The freedom to eat whatever we would like for a entire day! I was very hesitant about this last week. But as the day went by the more I enjoyed the freedom not to weigh any food out, the freedom to say I want that and actually get it. The freedom to not worry.

Yes... this does mean your weight goes up the next day and takes a couple of days to come back down. But if you do the cheat/refuel properly it can benefit you in so many ways.

Well... yesterday was Saturday... yesterday= freedom.

Man, am I feeling it today! This is exactly what I feel like.....

Instead of just eating when I was hungry... I downed everything in site. I totally went the opposite direction of what happened last Saturday. I am miserable... with a capital M! I know my body needed it and I am definitely not saying that I won't do this again. I am sharing my "OOPS" with you and how I am going to fix it.

I rarely ever and I mean EVER get heart burn. I was up all night with this! Awful... my heart definitely goes out to those who battle with this on a daily basis. Last night after we got done with our meal... Zach said why do we feel like this (not exact but something along those lines) and I said... Because we have eaten like crap ALL day! The little cartoon above is so true!

I am so thankful today is Sunday. Today is starting a new week!

My challenge for the week...
1. stay on track all week
2. don't stress over my mistake from yesterday... leave it in the past and move on!
3. Continue working hard in the gym
4. Remember this body was given to me and I need to....

Get back on track and approach next Saturday COMPLETELY different!

How I will enjoy next Saturday... I have been thinking....
I will refuel my body with cleaner food sources throughout the day and have a cheat meal for my last meal. We will be cooking out for my brother-n-laws birthday. All day must be clean so I can enjoy his birthday dinner and not feel like I am right now the next day.

I hope that writing down my thoughts and how I am feeling will help me stay focused and true to myself. Learn from my mistakes, leave them in the past, make adjustments and move on.

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a great Sunday/week!

No comments:

Post a Comment