Monday, April 16, 2012

are we crazy?!?!?

Zach and I have started getting up at 2am to make sure that we get our training in for the day. When someone finds out that we do this they can't believe it and I'm sure think we are slightly crazy.

We do this for several reasons...
1.we have to be at work at 430am.
2.by 2pm we are tired.
3.we usually will talk ourselves out of it by the time we get home.

Yes, this is early but try to think about it this way...
1.we are probably asleep or close to it by the time a lot of people are getting off work.
2.we don't have children so our schedules are free.
3.a lot of people get up before work and workout.

I have really enjoyed getting my training done in the morning. I have always like training first thing. I feel that I am more alert and energized. Today, I had enough energy to get through the day and then some.

I have switched my training up a little. I have always liked using kettlebells(KB) and have always been interested in them. Zach gave me a book on KB's that he had. I read over it this past weekend and was excited to start training today. The book is sectioned off for beginners/intermediate/advanced. Each section has strength/cardio/strength&cardio workouts. I decided today I was try out the beginner strength training workout.

Since I love to lift heavy, I am going to continue that and do one main lift a day and finish up with one of the KB programs. I started off this week with squats. I started at 35% of my max(which is 165lb) and worked my way up to 85%. They all felt good. My last set was a little difficult but I pushed through and made all 5 reps.

Here is my training for the day...

Squats:
35%: 55x5
45%: 75x5
55%: 90x5
65%: 105x5
75%: 120x5
85%: 140x5

140lbs! 1x5


KB Workout:
warm up-100 KB swings 15lb (probably should have done these before the squats)

1) 50KB Swings 35lb
2) 25/side one arm swings 15lb
3) 50 hand to hand swings 20lb
4) Cleans 2x8/side 25lb
5) Cleans&Press 3x5/side 25lb
6) Snatches 3x5/side 25lb
7) Front Squats 3x10 35lbs

I did not film 1-3. I thought watching all those swings might be a little boring. But here is the video.... 
Hope you enjoy!
So.... yes, we might be a little crazy but after getting up this early for over 2 years now.... doesn't seem that crazy to us.

Hope yall have had a great Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment