Wednesday, April 18, 2012

its by choice

Yesterday, Zach and I passed by a Chinese buffet in town. We have been there a maybe 3 times. They have some AH-mazing peanuts on the dessert buffet.

I'm talking so amazing that the peanuts are HUGE. Oh wait.... they are so HUGE because of all the sugar that is coated on them. Yes, sugar coated peanuts=delish!

Since taking our nutrition towards Paleo style, we can no longer eat peanuts (esp. sugary coated peanuts!). As, we passed by the Chinese buffet, I made a comment to Zach saying... "Too bad we can't eat peanuts anymore." Zach came back with a great answer...

"It's not that we can't have them, we are choosing not to have them."

Well said Zach!

I have a lot of people ask me about my diet. It's not like I am on this strict diet that doesn't let me enjoy life...

I am choosing to make better choices in my nutrition. I made the choice to give up gluten for lent. I choose not to go back to it. I made the choice to give up dairy and I choose not to go back to it.

I have also gotten very good about listening to my body. Unfortunately, my body does not love strawberries the way that I love them! Before going Paleo, I was eating oats and after not eating oats for a couple of days and then incorporating them back in for a day, I realized my body doesn't handle them well. This was the final straw that pushed me into going Paleo.

I do have a nutrition plan that gives me guidelines for each meal: how much protein, how much, fats, how many carbs, and how much fruit. But after doing this for so long I know what I need at each meal. So, yes we still go out to eat. We enjoy having guidelines. It helps us stay on track.

We are choosing to get up at 2am to workout. We are choosing to go to bed at 5pm. We are choosing to spend our Sunday afternoons being lazy. We are choosing to make the step to living a healthier lifestyle.

What are you choosing for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment