Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hearts for Corey White 5k

Today, we walked. 

We walked a 5k. 

3.2 miles.

For one person...

Corey White.

Corey is a friend/co-worker of mine. In January, Corey found out that he needed a heart transplant at a young age of 29. A healthy, active young man. Played basketball any chance he got, worked out just about everyday and was a hard working employee. 

Corey was airlifted to Houston, TX, in January and has been there ever since. He got his new heart and is determined to get back home. He told me today that he will hopefully be home by the end of May. 

A month or so ago, I was contacted by his cousin and was asked to help with a benefit walk in Corey's name. Well, of course I want to help! I didn't do much but was glad that I could be a part of this day and raise money for a great cause. 

We all gathered in Raymond, MS at Hinds Community College. At 8am, the walk started. It was such a beautiful morning. It was perfect!
BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE!

Me and my precious niece! Just love her!

The Brithday Girl! Tiffany!

Katie! 

Me and Zach first thing this morning!
Dr. Hall! A great, great man!

Katie...aka TROOPER! She had surgery last Friday and showed up with her crutches!!!

Jessica!

Shane and Josh ran the walk... TWICE!

Sara!
It was a great morning! I am so thankful to have such a great friend! I can't wait for Corey to come walk in the doors at work.

He is a fighter!!! 

He is my inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment