Sunday, April 15, 2012

this little garden of mine

On March 31st, Zach and I drove past a little store with lots of plants for sale. We passed by and then turned around. 

We had been talking about growing our on veggies but didn't really know where to start. We had this huge tin buckets and weren't using them. 

Next thing we know we are buying squash, zucchini, red/orange/and green bell pepper plants. 

Here is a picture of our "garden" on its first day.
These plants have grown so much! I have loved the process of watching them grow. Each day we get home we put our bags down, walk outside to see Duke and Delta and then walk straight over to the veggies to see if anything has changed. 

This morning we walked out there to see if anything happened from yesterday to today. 

2.5 hours later, we got home from church and I was preparing myself lunch and Zach said....

"were these this big before church???"

I ran to the door... oh my goodness!!! 
Squash
 They were big but no where near this big. 
Zucchini
 I still can't get over it!!!
Red bell peppers.
 I LOVE our little "garden" and can't wait to have fresh veggies right outside our backdoor. 
Squash, Green/Orange bell peppers/Zucchini/Red Bell pepper.
I have been told that we are going to have so much squash and zucchini that we aren't going to know what to do with it. We might have to give some away. I don't any of it to go to waste. 

If this does happen.... bring over a grocery bag and do some shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment