Sunday, April 29, 2012

70!!

I just love weekends that are surrounded with the people I love the most. 

My family!

They, literally, bring so much joy to my life. I hate that we we live hours apart. 

Today is my grandmother's 70th birthday. She is the most beautiful woman I know. So loving, kind, generous and all the rest of those great adjectives! We invited her and my grandfather down for a lunch on Saturday. It was a beautiful day to celebrate a beautiful lady's birthday.

In my last post, I put up a few pics of her and my grandfather from Friday nights dinner at Longhorn Steak house. 

Yesterday, Zach and I got up bright and early, walked for 30 minutes and came inside to make a homemade caramel cake (my grandmother's favorite). Since, Zach and I don't eat this, it was definitely a challenge! We didn't even try one bite. We were just praying that it tasted great!

When the sun came up, Zach and I headed to Em's and Britt's house to help get everything else ready for the lunch. 

Come to find out, the Star Baptist Church was holding a 5k run/walk for St. Jude. Little did we know that they would be blocking off the entire town and letting no one leave or enter Emilee's street. This was a little challenge since the birthday girl and my grandfather weren't there yet. We begged and pleaded to the firemen who had their firetruck completely blocking the street and we  finally got through. 

Brooklee cheering on the walkers and runner!
Once the grands got to the house, it was party time!!!

Brooklee was so excited to show them everything! Her playhouse, her garden, her "hunkieberries"(huckleberries), her bedroom.... EVERYTHING! She went from room to room running around. She was so excited!


Zach spinning Brooklee around. She was having so much fun!
 Pretty girl was so dizzy but kept going back for more!
 The birthday girl and my grandfather enjoying ever minute!
 The beautiful flowers on the table.
 Enjoying each other's company!
We had a delicious spread of food! Green salad, broccoli salad, slaw, fresh grilled corn on the cob, grilled chicken breast and thighs, and grilled sausage! Yum, Yum, Yum!!!

Waiting on lunch!
 Brooklee loving every moment!
 The homemade caramel cake! She loved it ;)
 The smoke from the candles made this pic a little cloudy but I love it!
 Me and Zach!

It was a great day! We had the best time!!! 

Happy Happy Birthday, Memaw!!! 
We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment