Sunday, July 31, 2011

stuffed bell peppers=yummy

I made some very delicious, low calorie stuffed bell peppers today. Zach and I enjoyed one for an early supper and I will pack the other ones for my lunch! I LOVE leftovers.... much better than the cafeteria food.

I wanted to share my recipe for anyone that might want to try it.

Start off with the bell peppers.
Cut the tops off and clean out the insides.
Weigh out 5oz of 93/7 lean ground turkey.
(Zach seasoned the turkey like taco meet.)
Stuff the bell peppers to the rim!
Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 350 degrees until bell pepper is done.
I cooked them for about 25 mins. The bell pepper was still pretty firm, so if you like them softer, just cook them longer.
Top with sauteed with mushroom, onions, salsa and sour cream.
(I do not saute my veggies in oil or butter. Just stick them in a non-stick pan, put some salt and pepper on them and that is it! Just as good with out all the extra fat and calories.)
This was so much food! I could barely finish this one. But it was absolutely delicious!!!!

Nutrition Facts:
(This includes one stuffed bell pepper, with 2 tbsp of sour cream and 2 tbsp of salsa and all the onions and mushrooms.)

Calories: 333
Fat: 18
Carbs: 14
Fiber:3.9
Net Carbs: 10
Protein: 28

For dessert, we enjoyed Zach's homemade peanut butter cookies. Check out his blog for the recipe and nutrition facts. They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment