Wednesday, May 30, 2012

cruising

May 24th, my family took our yearly vacation. This year we took a cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel, Mexico! We had a fantastic time. Weather was 95% perfect.... we had about a 2 hour down pour at the end of our day in Cozumel.... food was delicious, company was wonderful!
Pics to come soon...

Zach and I had already decided that we were still going to workout as if we were home. Each morning we were at the gym when it opened at 6am, busted our hineys for about 45mins, and then enjoyed the rest of our days. 
Friday was the end of week 1 of my new program. Either I was tired and a little dehydrated(didn't drink much on Thursday due to traveling) or this workout was a toughie. I left drenched in sweat. Oh... and my calves were super sore from walking flights and flights of stairs from the previous day. I managed to push through and get it done. 
Saturday, we made it to Cozumel, Mexico around 8am. Zach did some weight training while I just did 30 mins of fasted steady state cardio on the elliptical. We spent several hours in Cozumel shopping and playing in the ocean. 
Sorry the pic is so foggy. My camera was fogging up from the heat.

Sunday, Zach hit the weights some more and I did 10mins of the elliptical, 10mins of KB Swing intervals, and finished up with another 10mins on the elliptical. We spent the rest of the day lounging by the pool soaking up some vitamin D.

Monday, Zach and I woke up super early... as usual. We headed to the dining hall (where you could find us some A LOT!), he had his coffee and I enjoyed some warm lemon green tea. Since we were cruising the Mississippi River at this point we decided to head to the front deck and check out the scenery... even though it was pitch black outside.
 Well, well, well... what do we discover??? A different entrance to the gym. The door was unlocked so Zach and I made ourselves at home.
 What were they going to do?!?!? 
Kick us off the boat??? 
We had the gym all to ourselves. 
I wasn't going to wait and train at home but since we had so much time on our hands and an empty gym...
I knocked it out! 


I had to modify some exercises because of the limited amount of equipment but was still able to get a good session in. 
Please ignore my outfit... I thought I was just going to do cardio.

We were finally able to get off the boat after waiting at the dock for about 2.5 hours. Like I said earlier, we had a fantastic time. I love my family vacations and am already looking forward to our trip for next year... whatever that may be! 

2 comments: