Monday, May 7, 2012

oasis training

Zach and I were doing our 40 minute fasted cardio yesterday morning in the Belhaven neighborhood (I am dog sitting for a great friend). While we were admiring all the beautiful homes with beautiful landscaped yards, we came across this playground. We both knew that we wanted to take our workouts for today there. I had a great session in mind and Zach was going to do his sprint intervals.

Well, thanks to mother nature, our plans were changed. Zach went home to save Duke and Delta from the down pour that we were about to get and I stayed at the house were I am dog sitting. Zach brought me our 25lb dumbbells and I took them outside on this beautiful back porch. 
I had no music going. My music was the nice rain and a few birds chirping here and there. Very peaceful but a killer workout!!!

I quickly broke a sweat and started feeling it after the first set! 

This is how it went...

4sets of 6 
25lb dumbbells
One-leg deadlift/leg
Bent over DB rows 
Goblet Squats
Military Press
Reverse Lunges

I did all 5 exercises without putting the dumbbells down. After all 5, I rested for 1 minute between sets. 

5set of 10
Push-ups
Body Weight Squats

I did a set of 10 of each and then rested 30 seconds in between sets.
Arms were becoming noodles!!

Came inside and got my Gymboss Interval Timer ready for Tabata!!! Tabata is a great conditioning that I like to add to the end of a workout. It is only 8 rounds and its over in 4 minutes! 

I set my timer for 8 rounds, 20sec on/10secs rest, and hopped on the airdyne bike and got to work! Sprinted for 20 seconds and rested for 10 seconds x 8 rounds.

Tabata can be down with any exercise.... KB Swings, Burpees, Sprints, Jump Roe, Battle Rope(this one is an absolute killer!!!), whatever you feel like doing.

Give Tabata a try and let me know what you think!!!

That's all folks!

 I really enjoyed the change of scenery for the day and look forward to Wednesday's training! 

Happy Monday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment