Saturday, July 23, 2011

*the beginning of a new journey*

After being involved in numerous sports growing up I never really had to workout. I was either playing soccer, basketball, cheering, softball and a little bit of track. In August 2003, I walked through the doors at Delta State University.

I was a Fighting Okra and was very proud of that! I had the best college years that anyone could ask for. Just a few things that made college wonderful!!!

Pledging Phi Mu.
My wonderful friends.
Meeting Zach.
Not going to class if I didn't want too.
Staying up into the wee hours of the morning dancing at the Oasis.
Backroad riding.
Not having to check in.
And last but not least the freedom to do whatever.

This wonderful time also lead me to a very unhealthy lifestyle.

Eating ALL hours of the night, drinking entirely too much and last but not least the only exercise I got was by playing intramurals.

By the time I reached my internship (the Spring of 2007), I went from a 145lb freshman to a 195lb senior. Yes... 195lb!!! What happened to the freshman 15??? No one said anything about the freshman 50!!! So embarrassing to admit but I want to share my journey and the new one I am about to take.

I started my internship at a gym in Tunica, MS. It was a wonderful experience, learned so much and was even hired full time after my internship was over. It wasn't until then that I truly started to enjoy working out. I lost a few pounds and got myself down to 180lbs. I was proud of myself. Even after late nights with my friends, I would still manage to get up the next morning and make myself do some kind of workout.

After a few months of working there I decided to make the move to Jackson, MS. Still working in a gym but eating whatever I wanted, drinking a beer if I wanted and working out only when I wanted too.

Zach suggested that we try a low carb diet. Me give up bread, potatoes and pasta?!?!?!? Well... I did it for a few weeks and found myself at 165lb!! Wow.... who knew that I would go a few weeks without a few of my favorite foods??? I was so proud once again!

A few months later my life changed as I walked through the door of mine and Zach's new home with him on his knee asking me to marry him. My response.... "Shut up!?!?!?!" Then I said... YES! We planned the wedding for a year later. One year to get in a dress! I wasn't obsessive or anything but did make sure I worked out and attempted to watch what I ate. Our wedding date hit and I was 157lbs. Once again... Very proud!

So... here we are almost 2 years later and I am 137lbs! Yes, for the past 11 weeks I have been working with a diet coach. He sent me weekly diets, controlled my cardio and basically controlled ME! He told me when I could have a "cheat meal" (That's a topic for another blog post) and so on.

I got amazing results. I would post some pics but I am sure my few readers don't want to see me in a sports bra and shorts. And I like my followers and don't want to scare them away. =)

So finally to the point of this blog.... Sorry it took a while.

Today, Sunday July 24, 2011, marks my new journey!

I will be on my own. Just me. No coach. Just ME!

I know I have an amazing support team: Zach, my family and friends. I can do this. I have worked to hard to let this go to waste. I am not saying that I wantt to lose more weight but if it happens than so be it. I am aiming for the healthiest lifestyle I can live.


I will continue to blog on my progress of my new journey. This is what Zach and I have come up with for me to follow.

Sunday through Saturday evening:
5 small meals a day consisting lean protein, healthy fats and green veggies.
Lots of water (no brainer).
40 mins of cardio daily.
Weight training 4 days a week.

Saturday night: have a cheat meal!

I hope that the few that follow me will support me as well. I promise not to bore you with this every day but will hopefully give you weekly updates.

Oh and one more thing... I am SOOO proud of Zach. He is down a total of 62lbs and still going strong! He is definitely my inspiration to continue this new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment