Saturday, July 9, 2011

Who says girls can't lift weights???

I always read in magazines and blogs and hear girls say they don't like lifting weights.

*I don't want to get "bulky."

*Just give me the 3 pound weight.

*There are too many guys over there.

These are just a few of the 18,000 excuses that I hear from girls. Well... I am here to hopefully get you out of your bubble and show you that girls CAN lift heavy weights.

Zach has set up my weight training program. Each week I have 4 main lifts.

Bench Press
Deadlifts
Military Press
Squats

Each week I do my main lifts then add a few more exercises for the muscle group I am working. I am going to start filming myself so everyone can see that...

Girls don't bulk up

Girls CAN lift heavy.

Girls CAN show the guys a few things when they are taking over the free weight section.


This video is from the other day. It was deadlift day. I, for some reason, really like doing this exercise. It is definitely one of my stronger points. I was home by myself. Usually, Zach is with me making sure my form is correct and cheering me on.

Since I was by myself, I decided to film myself so IF I made it... I would have the proof.

I also usually wear a belt but this day it was in Zach's car. I feel like I could have done ten reps but stopped at what I need to beat last weeks lift since I didn't have the belt.

Body Weight-138
Dead Lift weight-135
Reps-6

Disclaimer: I received a text message on my last one and it made my phone vibrate off its stand. So the last one gets cut off. Sorry.




After my deadlifts... which I am very proud of =).... I did more exercises. Here is what I did.

Lying Hamstring Curls
Leg lifts
Calf Raises


I superset (do all exercises back to back and rest after all three are done.) all exercises. 3 sets of 20 reps.


No comments:

Post a Comment