Monday, July 18, 2011

Thank you Wal-Mart Cashier

Saturday morning, Zach and I made our weekly trip to the grocery store.

We made our usual list and of course.... forgot it!

Get home with the groceries and realize that we needed to more things.

Decided to make a quick run through Wal-Mart before church. We made a list all morning. Rushed to get ready and then out the door we went. Half way to Wal-Mart...

Did you grab the list?!?!?!?

Well... of course not.

Here is a piece of paper and pen. Re-write it.

Once we got to Wal-Mart, there wasn't much time. We were on a mission. I wasn't feeling to well... very sluggish... but managed to push through it and grab everything that was on our NEW list.

To the point of this blog....

As we were checking out, I am standing there like a zombie watching the total just keep going up. The very impatient person behind us just couldn't wait on all our groceries to move so she puts all of her stuff right up there with ours.

Stuff in our buggy:
New Blender
Lettuce
Ground Turkey
Sugar Free Vanilla DaVinci Syrup
Diet drinks
A few more things I can't remember

The cashier was asking what we used the Sugar Free Vanilla DaVinci Syrup. I explained to her that we put it in our protein shakes, how we make homemade calorie free snow cones, and cook with it.

She was getting to the end of our groceries and I said that our stuff stopped right here and she said...

"I know... I didn't think you would be buying all of that..."

She was referring to the impatient person's stack of groceries.... All boxed processed foods.

She also said she could tell that we didn't eat that stuff.

Thank you Wal-Mart Cashier for making my day.

We walked off and for the only time that day I had a smile on my face. Looked at Zach and he was grinning too.

Hard work is definitely paying off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment